Friday, April 30, 2010

Trafalgar Square



Trafalgar Square is one of the most beautiful and famous squares in the world. It is situated in London. It has been a central meeting place since the Middle Ages. There is the tall Nelson's Column At the center of the square. It was built to commemorate the victory of Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson over the French fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar on the 21st of October 1805. the column is 52 meters high.



The square is surrounded by different buildings. On the north side is the National Gallery. At the north-east corner is the St. Martin-in-the-Fields parish church. On the south side Whitehall is situated, on the east is Strand and South Africa House, and on the west - Canada House.Also there are two beautiful and bright fountains are situated.



Nowadays Trafalgar Square is the meeting place for many people. Every tourist who visit London come to the square. There is a tradition to celebrate holidays such as New Year and Christmas here. One of the most interesting traditions is A Norway Spruce. the people of Norway send a gift of an enormous Christmas Tree to Britain, which is erected in Trafalgar Square.

6 comments:

  1. I like that place but There was hard protest to there yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mughees: Next week i will be there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great square in England and famous in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added this page to my favorites. I enjoy reading your posts. Tyvm!
    To the point and well written, I appreciate for the info
    I have been meaning to post about something like this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. Thanks.
    shopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont have much time right now to write a lot of my blathering opinions,(my lil girl needs attention, lol), but when I logon again, I will explain in depth why I agree with this article.
    shopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, do you know anything about Content Lockdown? if not visit Turbo Commissions and Affiliate Scalper!
    Hi, maybe i'm being a off topic here, but I was browsing your site and it looks exceptional. I'm writing a blog and trying to make it look neat, but everytime I touch it I mess something up. Did you design the blog yourself? Could someone with little experience do it, and add updates without messing it up? Anyways, good information Find a driving test sooner to save time and money.

    ReplyDelete